Friday, May 27, 2005

Memorial Day

Your CaliBlogger is taking a much needed break this weekend and is taking advantage of the Memorial Day holiday to visit his folks in Palm Desert. My drive was uneventful and the dreaded Coachella Valley windmills were hidden by the dark (I NEVER make this drive -210 East, 57 South,10East- until late at night, it's the only sane thing to do).

But nevermind that. I just wanted to encourage both of my readers to take a moment and ponder, pray for, or give silence to (as you prefer, I'm severely ecumenical about such things) the meaning of the holiday:

Memorial Day, originally called Decoration Day, is a day of remembrance for those who have died in our nation's service.
And I would ask as well that you give a moment for those who are still at risk and dying because of BushCorp™ folly, both US and Iraqi.

Be careful out there.

No comments: